PEOPLELINK, INC, Los Angeles, CA
Leading provider of Internet community services (Message Boards, Mailing Lists, Chat Rooms, Instant Messaging, etc) for high-profile clientele (GE, Oracle, Times-Mirror, CBS, Viacom, MTV, VH1 and more).
New Product Development, Technical Team. 2001 - 2002
- Team leader in product customization for clients.
- Developed ColdFusion web tools to automate & hasten product delivery sequence.
- Provided application training to Quality Assurance team to help them develop sound testing methodology.
- Help Technical Writer break down complex program actions into understandable terms.
- Participated in transfer of product suite from ColdFusion™ to JSP, enabling double-byte character sets (Asian and non-Arabic letters) for product internationalization.
Production Team Leader 1999 - 2001
- Authored core templates and applications to replace expensive licensed products.
- Developed core methods by which existing PeopleLink products would be integrated into clients’ existing applications, reducing the learning curve for new programmers.
- Directly interviewed new team prospects and authored skills assessment tests to improve the quality of new hires and reduce turnover.
Web Engineer 1998 - 1999
- Hands-on programming. Team member in authorship of original web application and integration of outsourced application packages to produce an early revenue stream.
- Performed Quality Control functions prior to establishment of dedicated Q.C. team, to insure product performance against a broad range of browsers, systems and platforms.
- Exercised basic network operations and server maintenance tasks to reduce load on system administrators, via Telnet into NT, Sun Solaris™ UNIX and Linux servers.